Aaloo Makhan Tarkari/ Potato Makhana Curry
Table of Contents
4 boiled potato cut into small pieces
1 cup makhana
Paste of 1 onion
Paste of 2 tomato
1 spoon onion garlic paste
4 spoon of oil
¼ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
½ cup cut onion for garnishing
Method Of Preparation
- Heat 2 spoon of oil in a deep pan. Fry potatoes and keep side.
- Roast makhana in the same oil and keep aside
- In the same pan heat the remaining 2 spoon of oil. Add cumin and let it splutter.
- Add onion paste and fry till the raw smell goes away and it turns pink
- Add tomato paste and fry it for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the spices except garam masala powder and fry for a while.
- Add 3 cups of water and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Add fried potato cubes and makhana and boil for 3 minutes
- Add garam masala and cut coriander before switching off the flame.
- Serve garnished with coriander
- Children love this preparation and this can be a very filling meal for them